Disaster Recovery (DR)
Cloud Strategy and Migration
Cloud strategy as defined by Gartner is “a concise point of view on the role of cloud within the organization.” Ideally, your cloud strategy should be properly documented like and an integral part of your data centre and business strategy documents.
A cloud strategy helps you to:
- clearly define how you intend to use cloud services and the reason for a specific approach
- communicate your cloud approach
- ensure that cloud-related actions are aligned with organizational goals and budgets
- increase productivity and find ways to reduce costs while working in the cloud
- establish appropriate monitoring tools to understand and control cloud costs
Migrating to the cloud is the process of moving digital business operations into the cloud. Cloud migration is similar to a physical move, except it involves moving data, applications, and IT processes from some data centres to other data centres, instead of packing up and moving physical goods. Much like a move from a smaller office to a larger one, cloud migration requires quite a lot of planning, preparation, and advance work, with the objectives of cost savings and greater flexibility. The plans vary depending on several factors such as your migration strategy, time frame and goals.